Maintainn is always taking applications and looking for good folks to join our team! Check it out!
Your job duties will include:
- Ability to convert PSD designs into WordPress themes
- Ability to create WordPress themes from scratch as well as modify existing themes
- Troubleshooting issues including CSS, JS, browser compatibility, responsive design, layouts, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Light to moderate back-end development experience (and willingness to learn).
- Working knowledge using version-controlled environments, particularly git.
- Well-rounded understanding of free and commercial WordPress themes and plugins a big plus.
- Comfort in responding to a high-volume of support requests at times.
- Documented experience in front-end website development in WordPress.
- Ability to convert Photoshop files (PSD) to WordPress themes using HTML/CSS/JS, etc
- Experience with WordPress is required. (Example: building a theme from scratch is no sweat, and customizing existing frameworks is right up your alley!)
- Advanced level competency with CSS & HTML (Sass, HTML5/CSS3 a big plus, as well as responsive design techniques).
- Experience troubleshooting browser compatibilities.
Nice to haves (not required, are a plus):
- Understanding of PHP development practices
- Experience with creating Photoshop mockups and graphic design
- Ability to perform some back-end development tasks (ie: building simple widgets & plugins).
Types of Projects we’re doing lately:
- WordPress websites (some with and some without a blog) for small and large businesses, multisite networks, social communities and lots of social media integration.
- WordPress with E-Commerce (WooCommerce experience is a plus!)
- WordPress Multisite and BuddyPress
- Membership sites with WordPress
…Do you get a feeling that we do a LOT of WordPress sites??? (We do!)
- Remote work – Monday through Friday 9am – 5pm EST
- Office dress code: Pajamas, if you like.
- This is full-time, salaried position
- Full-time employees enjoy benefits such as Medical/Dental/Vision, Paid Time Off, 401K
- Pay rate is based on experience and abilities
- Lots and lots of informal gif sharing
We’re looking for someone who:
- Likes to interact with and help people
- Is patient enough to deal with frustrated folks that have a wide range of technical experience (or lack thereof)
- Is self-motivated to get the job done!
- Treats support work like a friendly puzzle to be solved
**No third parties or outsourcing agencies will be considered for this position.**
We give each application consideration – but please do be patient as we go through all of the applications received. We will read them all and will be contacting you within the next week or two.
Get started below; we’d love to talk to you!