Maintainn is looking for a front-end developer/designer with at least one year WordPress theme design experience.
The ideal candidate is someone who is actively working in the development field and knowledgeable about the most recent releases and standards of WordPress. Applicants should be passionate about WordPress, supporting clients and eager to learn and grow with our company.
Our projects will challenge you and if you’re up for it – then we’re up for talking with you!
Here’s the down and dirty …
Your job duties will include:
- Ability to convert PSD designs into WordPress themes
- Ability to create WordPress themes from scratch as well as modify existing themes
- Troubleshooting issues including CSS, JS, browser compatibility, responsive design, layouts, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Light to moderate back-end development experience (and willingness to learn).
- Working knowledge using version-controlled environments, particularly git.
- Well-rounded understanding of free and commercial WordPress themes and plugins a big plus.
- Comfort in responding to a high-volume of support requests at times.
- Documented experience in front-end website development in WordPress.
- Ability to convert Photoshop files (PSD) to WordPress themes using HTML/CSS/JS, etc
- Experience with WordPress is required. (Example: building a theme from scratch is no sweat, and customizing existing frameworks is right up your alley!)
- Advanced level competency with CSS & HTML (Sass, HTML5/CSS3 a big plus, as well as responsive design techniques).
- Experience troubleshooting browser compatibilities.
Nice to haves (not required, but would be considered a plus):
- Understanding of PHP development practices
- Experience with creating Photoshop mockups and graphic design
- Ability to perform some back-end development tasks (ie: building simple widgets & plugins).
Types of Projects we’re doing lately:
- WordPress websites (some with and some without a blog) for small and large businesses, multisite networks, social communities and lots of social media integration.
- WordPress with E-Commerce (WooCommerce experience is a plus!)
- WordPress Multisite and BuddyPress
- Membership sites with WordPress
…Do you get a feeling that we do a LOT of WordPress sites??? (We do!)
- Remote work – Monday through Friday 9am – 5pm EST
- This is full time work (40 hours/week)
- Full time employees enjoy benefits such as Medical/Dental/Vision, Paid Time Off, 401K
- Pay rate is based on experience and abilities
We’re looking for someone who
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Likes to have a lot of fun tinkering around inside the guts of cool web sites.
- Wants to learn, push themselves, and make the web a better place to be.
- Excellent time management and ability to work, remotely, on a deadline and on multiple projects at once.
- Great critical thinking skills, a good work ethic and customer service skills.
**No third parties or outsourcing agencies will be considered for this position.**
We give each application consideration – but please do be patient as we go through all of the applications received. We will read them all and will be contacting you within the next week, or two. Get started below, we’d love to talk to you!